is a condition that causes you to have difficulty passing stools. Normally, people have anywhere from two or three bowel movements a week to two or three a day. Constipation can occur at any age, but it is more frequent in infancy and old age.
· Eat smaller, more frequent meals and avoid overeating at one sitting.
· Eliminate refined foods, sugars, caffeine, alcohol, and dairy products from your diet.
· Decrease intake of saturated fats (animal products) and increase essential fatty acids (cold-water fish, nuts and seeds). Try Nature's Secret Ultimate Oil
· Eat more fresh vegetables and whole grains.
· Drink more water.
· Stewed or soaked prunes, 1 to 3 a day, have a slight laxative effect.
· Flax meal
provides fiber and soothes the digestive tract.
· Warm lemon water taken before meals stimulates digestion.
· Consider digestive enzymes
for chronic constipation.Vitamins and Minerals
Click on item for product information or to purchase.
· Vitamin C
You can use herbs to help tone and strengthen bowel function. Use laxative herbs with caution because they may become less effective with habitual use.
· Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
· Cascara Sagrada (Rhamnus purshiana)
· Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinalis)
· Yellow Dock Root (Rumex crispus)
· Ginger (Zingiber officinalis)
Do not take licorice if you have high blood pressure.Products
Nature's Secret Super Cleanse (100 Tablets)
Nature's Secret Ultimate Fiber
Nature's Secret Mult-Fiber
Nature's Sunshine LBS IINature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse