Herbs, Vitamins, Homeopathy, Sports Nutrition, Weight Loss, Natural Skin Care and More ~ Since 1991
What is Stevia?
Back to the Products
Stevia is of the Composite family, related to lettuce, marigold and chicory. It was "Officially" discovered in the late 19th century by Dr. Moises Santiago Bertoni. He was given samples of the plant and he reported that "one small piece of the leaf will keep the mouth sweet for an hour". He named the plant Stevia Rebuadiani Bertoni in honor of a Paraguayan chemist name Rebaudi. Bertoni found that the Guarani Indians had been using the leaves of the plant to sweeten bitter teas and as a sweet treat.
What are the benefits of Using Stevia?
- Sugarless with no calories
- Will not effect blood sugar levels like sugar does.
- 100% Natural
- 250 to 300 times sweeter than sugar
- Heat stable to 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Flavor enhancer
- Plaque retardant Anti-caries (prevents cavities)
- Recommended for diabetics